Friday, July 10, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler



It's been a stressful couple of days in our house, relating to some seriously heavy life choices on my part. I know you're not supposed to turn to food for comfort but really, it can be a pretty cheap source of therapy if you're responsible about it. Sometimes, a little extra sugar and the joy of eating something really and truly delicious (and treasuring every calorie) can clear your mind and mellow your soul.

I'm such an enabler - what a meagre attempt at me justifying the stray from my low-sugar diet. Did you buy it?

The truth is I had an abundance of strawberries and rhubarb and needed something occupy my hands other than the impending doom that is my thesis. I just needed to be distracted for a little while.

I guess it did mellow my soul a bit. There is something about the bright colours of summer that make it hard to feel sorry for yourself:

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails