Monday, January 4, 2010

Shepherd's Pie



Winter sucks. So does this picture...there is no natural light to take a proper picture, because it gets dark around 4pm these days.

Enough complaining, though. Winter also means stocking up on comfort food, and who doesn't love comfort food?

This shepherd's pie is from How it All Vegan and I love it because it doesn't try to mimic meats at all, like other ones I've tried. Instead, it uses a lentil base for all your iron needs, plus tons of earthy vegetables to contribute to an authentic taste. It's great for cleaning out the produce drawer in your refrigerator - pretty much anything goes. Perfect for those January nights when the dog won't even go outside, it's that cold.

2 comments:

Toni said...

I love Shepherd's Pie! I made it last week. Even with the lack of natural light, it looks yummy. Good call.

Jamie said...

I nominated you for an award!
Go to my blog for details.

Related Posts with Thumbnails