Monday, August 16, 2010

Blueberry-Banana Pancakes at Cafe Pyrus, Kitchener



We followed up our Saturday morning errands with breakfast at Cafe Pyrus, a new veggie hangout in the downtown core of Kitchener. A friend of mine had been in and was raving about the tempeh sandwich so I went in there fully intending to try it for myself, but after watching the staff dishing out plates of pancakes and homemade applesauce, I couldn't resist.

I was so busy shoveling them into my mouth that I completely forgot to take a photo until they were half eaten, so I apologize for not having a better quality image of these amazing pancakes to show you. I should also take a minute to rave about the iced chai I had to drink. I am not one for coffee or tea. Ever since I was in the fourth grade and someone double dog dared me to eat a coffee bean I just can't get on board with coffee and tea has always seemed strange to me BUT froth it up with a bit of almond milk and ice and apparently I am in love. We went home after breakfast and a couple hours later I was ready to head back downtown for another one. It's a good thing my laziness is usually more overpowering than my food addiction.

I'll be making my way back to Cafe Pyrus some time soon to finally try that tempeh sandwich, so stay tuned for more pictures. In the meantime, if you're in the Kitchener area I highly recommend checking out this cute little cafe. The atmosphere is wonderful, with couches and board games and the friendliest staff I've ever interacted with in a resto. I'm looking forward to making my way through their menu!

Cafe Pyrus
16 Charles Street W
Kitchener, ON N2G 1H2
(519) 954-7705

3 comments:

Jessica @ Lima's Vegan Kitchen said...

This looks like a great café. I'd go anywhere to get vegan pancakes!

Best Hamburger Recipe said...

wow! what a delicious recipe site! thanx 4 sharing!

schwabby said...

This cafe is amazing and, if you can get over your fear of coffee, have some of it (black.) It's unreal, and a bottomless mug is $2!

Related Posts with Thumbnails