Friday, August 6, 2010

Mango Ginger Tofu (with Brown Rice & Steamed Broccoli)



A couple weeks ago, on what was most likely the hottest night of the summer, we went out for sushi and I had a plate of mango-avocado handrolls. I'm sure I had eaten them before, but the combination of the hot summer night and the juicy mango was so refreshing that I've become completely obsessed with this tropical fruit this summer.

I had heard about this mango-ginger tofu dish around the blogosphere and being that it is already August, I figured it was time to try it before another summer slips away on me.



If you don't already own Vegan with a Vengeance, you should probably buy it - this recipe alone makes it worth while. Even though it's got quite the spicy kick to it (thank you, hot peppers), the mango makes it almost refreshing. It is the perfect dish for a midsummer night on the patio.

5 comments:

Elaine Shandra said...

Mangoes might just be my new favorite fruit! I've received several this last month through my food co-op, yum.

Karen said...

vegan with a vengeance is a GREAT book! i make my pizza crust from it, and tonight i made the peach cobbler. i recently bought the sister book, veganomicon, and plan to make the midsummer corn chowder from it tomorrow. this recipe looks yum!

EMR said...

Nice menu really.refreshing and healthy.Brown rice is a very good option when you want to stick to rice yet not put on the calories.

JL Goes Vegan said...

This looks gorgeous and delish!

Mary said...

Elaine - They are quickly becoming my favourite too!

Karen - It really is a great book, I should make more of an effort to try more things from it! I own Veganomicon too, it's definitely one of my favourites!

EMR - I love brown rice; I even prefer the flavour of it to white.

JL - It is definitely a new summer favourite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails