Thursday, December 9, 2010

African Sweet Potato & Peanut Stew



I'm really happy that I didn't give up on the Vegan Planet cookbook, because this recipe is a serious gem. Sweet and spicy all at the same time, this is a real stick-to-your-ribs dinner (perfect to combat the frigidness that is southern Ontario at present).

It is so filling that second helpings are not even an option. I experienced quite the mental dilemma when, after the first plate was about half done, I was so full that my breathing actually, in all seriousness, became laboured - yet my brain simply refused to put the freaking fork down.

It makes one heck of a hearty morning-after breakfast, though! (Come on, I can't be the only one out there who loves dinner food for breakfast?!)

I served it over whole wheat couscous but it would go really well with quiona or just plain old brown rice.

Can I just put two tablespoons of peanut butter in absolutely everything and call it a day? Mmmmmm.

Digital copy of the recipe found here.

5 comments:

Sarah B @ Bake + Bike said...

Heck yes, I love me some dinner for breakfast (and also the occasional breakfast for dinner)!

Ottawa is also frigid at the moment, so tis definitely a good time to make stew...I'll have to give this recipe a whirl.

Amanda @ Hungry Vegan Traveler said...

This looks and sounds so good!

C said...

I love leftovers for breakfast. Today I had brocoli with seitan and noodles, it was goooood. Dinner for breakfast is especially nice after a night out... :-)

Babette said...

That looks very good.

Mary said...

Sarah - Mmm breakfast for dinner...just might have to do a tofu scramble one night this week!

Amanda - it was amazing!

C - Noodles and veggies is one of my most favourite breakfasts! Nice to know I'm not the only one out there.

Babette - thank you, it was delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails