Monday, December 6, 2010

Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles



Why, hello there!

It appears that I have once again unintentionally disappeared off of the interwebs (with the exception of my incessant twitterbugging - if you ever start to miss me you can always check up on me over there).

The holiday season is upon us and this is a particularly joyful one for us and many of the wonderful people we surround ourselves with. Needless to say, we are very much looking forward to all of the exciting things 2011 will have in store for us and are taking the holidays as an opportunity to celebrate with good food, good drink and great family and friends.

As such, I figured I should once again start sharing that which has been coming out of my kitchen, even if I have nothing particularly useful to say about it - it's all about the pictures anyway, isn't it?!

So here are some Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles, the first of our Christmas baked goods and what we worked on last night after a particularly freezing walk around the neighbourhood checking out this year's Christmas light selection. What makes them Mexican? The cayenne pepper you add to the batter - which we may or may not have gotten a little bit carried away with.

These are spicy little buggers and go wonderfully with a glass of ice cold rice milk (or a kahlua milkshake, perhaps?!).

The recipe is found in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, but I've also located a digital copy for you here. If spiciness scares you, go easy on the cayenne - but don't leave it out altogether (it seriously does wonders for bringing out the cocoa flavour of anything - who knew?!).

4 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Yum, I think I'm going to have to make cookies tomorrow.

Ali - YumVeggieBurger said...

wow, great idea! snickerdoodles (the traditional ones) are my absolute favorite holiday cookie, but now I have to try this variation... :)

Cat @ The Verdant Life said...

This is definitely my favorite recipe from VCIYCJ, and I'm not even a real cookie monster! I love the spice against the earthy chocolate. Aaaaand now I'm totally dreaming of a Kahlua milkshake. Thanks! :)

Mary said...

Brighton - enjoy!!!

Ali - They are a very interesting take on the traditional snickerdoodle...the cayenne definitely warmed us up on a cold night!

Cat - The kahlua milkshake is a MUST this time of year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails