Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tofu Pot Pie (and the Christmas Round-Up)



I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I took this beautiful photo of one of the delicious dishes my mom put together on Christmas. It was even better warmed up as leftovers the next day. The recipe for this tofu pot pie is found here.





We had a chaotic but wonderful Christmas this year. I was spoiled rotten! Here are a couple of the vegan-minded gifts I received:



A pizza set, complete with a hand-made wooden rolling pin. I currently have a really crappy stainless steel rolling pin that we registered for before our wedding and four short years later is already falling apart to the point where I've used a wine bottle the last few times I've baked cookies. I'm so excited to give this one a workout!




Paul got me a CherryBerry bag!!!

I have always been a handbag girl. Shoes I could always give and take, but in my pregan days, purses were my thing.

These days, while I spend a lot of time googling and subsequently ogling eco-minded purse options, I can never bring myself to spend money on fancy handbags. I currently have two Matt & Nat bags that I love, but they are getting old and starting to fall apart. I was in desperate need for a large, black bag and here it is! It was so nice to be surprised with an indulgence that I rarely ever afford myself.

After hearing the difficulty Paul went through to get this bag to me, I just want to comment on how impressed we are with both the quality of the vegan leather and the considerate customer service Paul dealt with in having it shipped here. Ethical fashion has never been so great, let me tell you. I already have my eye on a matching wallet!

2 comments:

Dido said...

How was this pot pie? I've used Bryanna's Tofu Pot Pie recipe several times, and I recently saw this recipe and thought about giving it a try. Your thoughts?

Mary said...

Dido - we thought it was delicious! I've never tried any other tofu pot pie recipe, but this one held together well and it was really flavourful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails