Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!



This is the cake I put together for last night's pot luck with great friends, great food and great conversation. And only a couple glasses of wine, which means that I feel like a million bucks today! This comes as a great relief, as I was stuck at home with a head cold for most of last week.

This cake is a chocolate and peanut butter concoction that I put together on a wing and a prayer. It's the result of three different recipes. The cake itself is a double batch of the basic chocolate cupcake from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. There is a middle layer of peanut butter cream cheeze icing, which is basically just peanut butter, Yoso, icing sugar and vanilla. The top icing is this chocolate buttercream and the sides/2011 piping are peanut buttercream (both are also from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World).

First I was going to do all cream cheeze and peanut butter icing, but I ran out of Yoso. Then I was going to do all chocolate buttercream, but I ran out of cocoa.

Of course I did. Because I am the worst planner in the world.



This was the result. A little bit of this and a little bit of that and a lotta bit of peanut butter.

We sliced it open just after the countdown and the champagne, and everyone seemed to like it - I guess it was my first baking success of 2011!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve with the ones you care about, like I did. And I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the support and encouragement you showed me throughout 2010. I read each and every e-mail, Twitter and Facebook message and do my best to respond to them all. I hope you'll continue to stop by the blog in 2011!



Wishing you all the best for a Happy and Healthy 2011!

7 comments:

Of.Varied.Interests said...

Your cake looks awesome! P.s. You're gorgeous!

Brittany Boersma said...

Nice job on the cake! You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate..and yes I have to agree you are BEAUTIFUL!

C said...

This cake looks delicious. Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments. Happy New Year to you all!

Desiree Diaz said...

that cake looks so good!!!!
and you look just seriously stunning !

Bliss Doubt said...

I just want to pull up to that cake with fork in hand.

Amber's Notebook said...

You so cute!! Very impressive Vegan cake!

Related Posts with Thumbnails