Saturday, March 17, 2012

Avocado & Sunflower Seed Spread



Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I had big plans for posting this spread on March 17th because it was supposed to be all green and festive. And then I put too much turmeric in and ruined it. Just the look though, not the flavour!

The recipe comes from How It All Vegan by Sarah Kramer, but unfortunately I don't have a digital copy to share. If you have the book give it a try, it's quite delicious. I think it's meant to be a spread for crackers and sandwiches but I ate it throughout the week as a dip, mostly with organic baby carrots and freshly sliced cucumber. Paul wasn't as keen on it as I was, but ended up eating his fair share of it once he mixed it with some salsa!



There. That one's a little more green.

Hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day. If you're wondering what beers are vegan before you head out to the pub, click here! As for me, I'm a bit maxed out on shenanigans. Last weekend we threw a little pre-St. Patrick's Day celebration by way of a Stag and Doe for our soon-to-be married friends!



The happy couple!



The bride and the maid of honour (which is me, which means it is technically the bride and the "matron" of honour but my only stipulation with regard to being said matron of honour was to not be referred to as such since it sounds so old!)



Paul and me



Best man and bridesmaid working hard at the most popular game of the night!



Just an FYI, temporary tattoos are not meant for the face. A week later and I still look like I've been punched. Repeatedly.



Dora even got in on the shenanigans before we headed to the hall! Being a cairn terrier cross she's quite thoroughly Scottish, but she was cool with being Irish for the day!


Have a wonderful St. Patty's Day (or is it St. Paddy's Day?!)...how do you celebrate?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails